Date: Monday, June 10, 2013
Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Location: Green Hill Presbyterian Church, Enterprise
This is a course that Liz Cannon, Human Resource Specialist, NAF, is providing free for the local teenagers ages 14+. She works closely with older Girl Scouts and wants to help the area’s youth with preparing them for applying for jobs. The class is open to both boys and girls.
The following will be covered during the class:
• Resume building
• Interviewing skills
• Applying online for jobs at WalMart, Ft. Rucker, etc.
• Tax forms, I-9, direct deposits, etc. (if time permits)
Please bring the following and be prepared for the course by doing the following beforehand:
• Bring your own laptop if possible. You will be working on building your resume at the end of the class.
• Download a resume template and start to fill it out. This will be emailed to you before the class.
• Print out your own copy of the hand-outs. This too will be emailed to you before the class.
• Brainstorm! Think of all the clubs, community service and other volunteer work you have done. Bring the list to class.
Please register for the class by emailing Lisa Beebe at firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than Monday, June 3rd. She will need your name, age, email address and a contact phone number. Please check your email often for this will be the main means of getting information to you for this class.
UPDATE: Registration has been extended. If you are interested in taking the class, please contact Lisa ASAP.