During the season of Advent, we celebrate Christ’s coming into the world and watch with expectant hope for his coming again. In its historical origins, the season of Advent was patterned after the season of Lent, a six-week period of penitence and preparation for Easter. Similarly, the four weeks of Advent present an opportunity for communal discernment and personal examination, as the church prepares to celebrate the Nativity of the Lord and looks with hope for Christ’s return.
Search This Site
- HEART of the Wiregrass Meeting February 21, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Fellowship Hall
- 7th Sunday after Epiphany February 24, 2019
- Sunday School February 24, 2019 at 9:30 am – 10:30 am Adult Classroom
- Coffee & Fellowship February 24, 2019 at 10:30 am – 11:00 am Fellowship Hall
- Worship Service February 24, 2019 at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Sanctuary
- Homeschool Classes February 25, 2019 at 8:00 am – 12:00 pm Various Classrooms
- After School Bible Study February 25, 2019 at 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Elementary Classrooms
- About Green Hill
- Church Calendar
- Church Newsletter
- Worship & Education
- Food Pantry
- Address & Directions
- Contact Us
Follow on Instagram
A new weekly Bible Study will begin at Green Hill on Wednesday, March 13, and everyone is invited to attend. Whether you are a member of the church, you’ve been just a few times, or you’ve never set foot in the door before, you are warmly invited to join us to learn more about God’s Word. This new Bible Study, taught by Dr. Scott Smith, will focus on the Foundations of the Bible: What made it in to the Bible, what didn’t, and why? Bible Study will begin each Wednesday at 6:15pm and will run until 7:00pm. Prior to Bible Study, at 5:30pm, we will have a Pot Luck Supper in the Fellowship Hall. Everyone is invited to attend Supper as well.
Holy Communion at Green Hill is open to all believers, all who trust Christ as their Lord and Savior. You do not need to be a member of Green Hill to receive Communion. You are warmly invited to share the Bread and the Cup from the Lord’s Table. Communion is offered at Green Hill on the 1st Sunday of each month. Worship service begins at 11:00am.