The Christian year, sometimes called the church year or the liturgical year, is a centuries-old way that many Christians have ordered the 365-day year. It depends, not on the positions of the sun and moon, nor on the start and end of school, nor on the requirements of the IRS, but rather on key aspects of the life of Christ that are coordinated with the solar calendar. The major holidays (literally, holy days) in the church year are Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, and Pentecost. Other special days or seasons represented in the calendar are Advent, Epiphany, Ash Wednesday, Lent, Palm Sunday, Holy Week, Maundy Thursday, etc. At Green Hill the changing of the seasons is represented visually by the changing of the colors of the paraments on the pulpit and Communion table.
Search This Site
The schedule below is tentative and may be subject to change. We are doing our best to get back to “normal” while still staying safe. Worship services are being held in the Sanctuary AND posted online, so those who are staying home can join with us. For now, the Sunday school lessons are still just online. To view our online content, click on “Online Worship Services” in the menu above.
- 10th Sunday after Pentecost August 9, 2020
- Sunday School (online) August 9, 2020 at 9:30 am – 10:30 am Session Room
- Worship Service (online AND in person) August 9, 2020 at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Sanctuary
- BSA Scouts 150: Girls & Parents August 10, 2020 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Teen Classroom & Session Room
- BSA Scouts 150: Pack & Crew August 11, 2020 at 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Fellowship Hall & Classrooms
- Online Constitution Class August 11, 2020 at 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm https://greenhillpc.com/2020/07/16/online-constitution-class-starting-august-4-2020/
- Pot Luck Supper August 12, 2020 at 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm Fellowship Hall
- Evening Bible Study August 12, 2020 at 6:15 pm – 7:00 pm Fellowship Hall
- Girl Scout Troop #9123 or #9114 (GSUSA) August 14, 2020 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Fellowship Hall & Classrooms
- 11th Sunday after Pentecost August 16, 2020