The Christian year, sometimes called the church year or the liturgical year, is a centuries-old way that many Christians have ordered the 365-day year. It depends, not on the positions of the sun and moon, nor on the start and end of school, nor on the requirements of the IRS, but rather on key aspects of the life of Christ that are coordinated with the solar calendar. The major holidays (literally, holy days) in the church year are Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, and Pentecost. Other special days or seasons represented in the calendar are Advent, Epiphany, Ash Wednesday, Lent, Palm Sunday, Holy Week, Maundy Thursday, etc. At Green Hill the changing of the seasons is represented visually by the changing of the colors of the paraments on the pulpit and Communion table.
Search This Site
- Pot Luck Supper November 20, 2019 at 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm Fellowship Hall
- Evening Bible Study November 20, 2019 at 6:15 pm – 7:00 pm Fellowship Hall
- Choir Practice November 20, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Choir Room
- HEART Homeschool Pot Luck Supper November 21, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Fellowship Hall
- Girl Scout Troop #9123 (GSUSA) November 22, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Fellowship Hall & Classrooms
- Downtown: Holiday Open House November 23, 2019 Boll Weevil Monument, 101 Main St, Enterprise, AL 36330, USA
- Bogart Eagle Court of Honor November 23, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Follow on Instagram
Veterans Sunday flag retirement ceremony @boyscoutsofamerica
Please join us for worship tomorrow! Everyone is welcome at Green Hill Presbyterian Church. Service begins at 11:00am. 735 East Lee Street, Enterprise. Alabama. www.greenhillpc.com
Holy Communion at Green Hill is open to all believers, all who trust Christ as their Lord and Savior. You do not need to be a member of Green Hill to receive Communion. You are warmly invited to share the Bread and the Cup from the Lord’s Table. Communion is offered at Green Hill on the 1st Sunday of each month. Worship service begins at 11:00am.
It's a new month! Don't forget to check out the upcoming events on the Green Hill Church Calendar: https://greenhillpc.com/calendar/