Scott Randall Smith, a resident of Enterprise, passed away Thursday, June 20, 2019. He was 74. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Nancy and his son, Haden, and his brothers, Ricky Smith (Elaine) of Headland and Roger Smith of Opp. Scott was born in Opp to Roscoe and Mary Mills Smith. He was an undergraduate of Samford University and received his MA in English and Doctorate in Rhetoric and Composition from Auburn University. He taught English for 36 years and was Chair of the English and Language Arts Division of Enterprise State Community College. After retirement, Scott was active with the Pea River Historical Society, serving at various times as President, Vice-President and Secretary. He loved writing, history and genealogy and was a regular contributor to Pea River Trails Magazine. Scott taught Sunday School and served as an Elder in the Session of the Green Hill Presbyterian Church. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Pea River Historical Society or the Green Hill Presbyterian Church. A Memorial Service will be held on July 1 at 11:00am at Green Hill Presbyterian Church, Enterprise.
Search This Site
- Good Friday April 10, 2020
- Easter Sunday April 12, 2020
- Worship Service (online) April 12, 2020 at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm https://www.facebook.com/pg/GreenHillPC/videos/
- Garden Club April 14, 2020 at 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Contact Garden Club for the status of this meeting.
- Pot Luck Supper April 15, 2020 at 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm Fellowship Hall
- Evening Bible Study April 15, 2020 at 6:15 pm – 7:00 pm Fellowship Hall
- HEART Homeschool Parent Meeting April 16, 2020 at 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Contact HEART for the status of this meeting.
- 2nd Sunday of Easter April 19, 2020
- Worship Service (online) April 19, 2020 at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm https://www.facebook.com/pg/GreenHillPC/videos/
- May Newsletter Submission Deadline April 20, 2020 at 12:00 pm – 12:05 pm