Scott Randall Smith, a resident of Enterprise, passed away Thursday, June 20, 2019. He was 74. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Nancy and his son, Haden, and his brothers, Ricky Smith (Elaine) of Headland and Roger Smith of Opp. Scott was born in Opp to Roscoe and Mary Mills Smith. He was an undergraduate of Samford University and received his MA in English and Doctorate in Rhetoric and Composition from Auburn University. He taught English for 36 years and was Chair of the English and Language Arts Division of Enterprise State Community College. After retirement, Scott was active with the Pea River Historical Society, serving at various times as President, Vice-President and Secretary. He loved writing, history and genealogy and was a regular contributor to Pea River Trails Magazine. Scott taught Sunday School and served as an Elder in the Session of the Green Hill Presbyterian Church. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Pea River Historical Society or the Green Hill Presbyterian Church. A Memorial Service will be held on July 1 at 11:00am at Green Hill Presbyterian Church, Enterprise.
Search This Site
- HEART Homeschool Pot Luck Supper November 21, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Fellowship Hall
- Girl Scout Troop #9123 (GSUSA) November 22, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Fellowship Hall & Classrooms
- Downtown: Holiday Open House November 23, 2019 Boll Weevil Monument, 101 Main St, Enterprise, AL 36330, USA
- Bogart Eagle Court of Honor November 23, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Christ the King Sunday November 24, 2019
- Sunday School November 24, 2019 at 9:30 am – 10:30 am Session Room
- Coffee & Fellowship November 24, 2019 at 10:30 am – 11:00 am Fellowship Hall
Follow on Instagram
Veterans Sunday flag retirement ceremony @boyscoutsofamerica
Please join us for worship tomorrow! Everyone is welcome at Green Hill Presbyterian Church. Service begins at 11:00am. 735 East Lee Street, Enterprise. Alabama. www.greenhillpc.com
Holy Communion at Green Hill is open to all believers, all who trust Christ as their Lord and Savior. You do not need to be a member of Green Hill to receive Communion. You are warmly invited to share the Bread and the Cup from the Lord’s Table. Communion is offered at Green Hill on the 1st Sunday of each month. Worship service begins at 11:00am.
It's a new month! Don't forget to check out the upcoming events on the Green Hill Church Calendar: https://greenhillpc.com/calendar/