Scott Randall Smith, a resident of Enterprise, passed away Thursday, June 20, 2019. He was 74. He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Nancy and his son, Haden, and his brothers, Ricky Smith (Elaine) of Headland and Roger Smith of Opp. Scott was born in Opp to Roscoe and Mary Mills Smith. He was an undergraduate of Samford University and received his MA in English and Doctorate in Rhetoric and Composition from Auburn University. He taught English for 36 years and was Chair of the English and Language Arts Division of Enterprise State Community College. After retirement, Scott was active with the Pea River Historical Society, serving at various times as President, Vice-President and Secretary. He loved writing, history and genealogy and was a regular contributor to Pea River Trails Magazine. Scott taught Sunday School and served as an Elder in the Session of the Green Hill Presbyterian Church. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Pea River Historical Society or the Green Hill Presbyterian Church. A Memorial Service will be held on July 1 at 11:00am at Green Hill Presbyterian Church, Enterprise.
Search This Site
- Online Sunday School January 29, 2023 at 10:00 am – 10:45 am
- Worship Service January 29, 2023 at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Sanctuary
- Church Office Closed January 30, 2023
- Constitution Class January 31, 2023 at 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Join us for this 8 week session to educate yourself on the United States Constitution.
- Church Office Closed February 2, 2023
- Groundhog Day February 2, 2023
- Church Office Closed February 3, 2023
- Online Sunday School February 5, 2023 at 10:00 am – 10:45 am
- Worship Service February 5, 2023 at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Sanctuary
- Session Meeting February 5, 2023 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Session Room