Green Hill is not a cover school, but we do offer a meeting location for some homeschool events.
For more information about homeschooling in the state of Alabama, please check out these webpages:
- Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) – Home School Legal Defense Association is a nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the upbringing and education of their children and to protect family freedoms.
- Alabama Homeschooling (Everest Academy) – The Alabama Homeschooling website was created to keep Alabama homeschoolers “in the know”. There is so much homeschooling information out there, it can be a little overwhelming and sometimes a little hard to find. The Alabama Homeschooling website is our attempt to make this part of homeschooling a little easier. The Alabama Homeschooling website is the official website of Everest Academy but offers information FREE to all Alabama homeschoolers.
For more information on what homeschoolers are doing in this area, please visit these Facebook groups:
- Enterprise Homeschool Support – A place for those that homeschool in Enterprise AL and surrounding area. We’re here to support each other through our adventures in homeschooling.
- Boll Weevil Homeschool Co-op – This group of homeschoolers meets at Green Hill on Monday mornings. Classes held include Military Life Skills, Cosmetology, Sign Language, Intro. to Theater, Engineering, Girl Empowerment, Human Anatomy, and more.
- Youth for Truth, Generation Joshua Club – The vision of Generation Joshua is to assist parents to raise up the next generation of Christian leaders, equipped to positively influence the political processes of today and tomorrow. This club meets at Green Hill on the second Friday of each month.
- H.E.A.R.T of the Wiregrass – HEART is a Christian support group based in the Wiregrass and surrounding area. HEART seeks to encourage families in their homeschooling endeavors by providing academic enrichment activities, social opportunities, and support for children of all ages – and parents, too! We also are a link in keeping families informed of developments in state and local laws, especially pertaining to the legal rights of parents to home educate their children.
Image Credit: http://madaboutpatches.com/